本診所於2017年6月購進專門檢查嬰幼兒童視力屈光度數的儀器-『光導波折射驗光儀』(ADAPTICA 2 WIN)，能檢測出3個月大至3歲的嬰幼兒視力狀況，提早發現弱視及斜視(Ambyopia/Strabismus)的可能，可以量出近視(myopia)、遠視(hyperopia)、散光(astigmatism)、瞳孔距離(pupil distance)、眼位注視…等數據。
The 2WIN main applications:
- Binocular refraction measurement in natural vision conditions.
- Refractive errors – Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and other amblyogenic factors. Un-aided binocular refraction of all other patients.
- Refraction of infants and children from 2 months of age, seniors, impaired and non-cooperative patients.
- Early detection and documentation of multiple amblyogenic factors. Un-aided binocular refraction of all other patients.
- Sight anomalies that may be related to anisometropia, anisocoria, strabismus, phoria.
- Pupil parameters – pupil size, pupil distance and head tilt.
- Automatic measurement of dynamic pupils response to programmable light stimulations.
- Over-refraction with glasses or contact lenses.
- Lens centering on spectacle frames.
Extended Range Refraction and Zoom [EZ-App]
The 2WIN measures spherical power in the range of -15D to +15D, being the only mobile, hand-held instrument to provide such extended measurement range.
The 2WIN measurement principle is eccentric photo-retinoscopy. InfraRed (IR) light is projected through the patient pupils and onto the retina. Depending upon the refractive error, the reflected light forms a specific crescent-shaped brightness pattern within the pupil. The 2WIN measures spherical power, cylinder power and axis by interpreting the reflected light crescent pattern and position.
Zoom of InfraRed Retinoscopy Images
Automatic zoom of InfraRed retinoscopy enables detection of artifacts due to other abnormalities (opacities such as cataracts, foreign bodies, etc.).
Corneal Reflexes Application [CR-App]
Thanks to the “Analysis of Corneal Reflexes”, the 2WIN can help your daily work by automating the analysis of refraction with a documented information of phorias and tropias (horizontal and vertical). This application provides complete information regarding the position of corneal reflexes.
Dynamic Pupillometry [DP-App]
Automatic measurement of dynamic pupil response to programmable light stimulations enables the detection of subtle pupillary changes, removing subjectivity from the pupillary evaluation.
Intermediate Distance Application [66cm-App]
Thanks to the 2WIN application “Intermediate Distance”, it is possible to identify the difficulties in focusing at VDUs Distance and to estimate the power of the additional lens needed on top of the prescription.
The 2WIN measures the patient’s refraction while reading from VDUs, at a distance of 66 cm (2’). In all those cases when reading at such distance proves difficult, the 2WIN calculates the necessary additional power (ADD) to restore the best vision. The application requires the use of an additional lens that is inserted in the central aperture of the 2WIN; the additional add-on lens together with a 66 cm reading chart compose the kit.
Lens Centering on Frames [LC-App]
This feature allows to accurately center spectacle lenses with reference to the actual visual axis of the eye (cornel reflex) for better vision comfort.